Overnight Trainer Position Description
ILS Trainers provide 1:1 daily living skills training to individuals with disabilities as they work towards their personal goals and overall independence. In the overnight position, the trainer provides support to an aging client. This includes teaching strategies, and also limited household duties and the physical care of client (see below for full duties and responsibilities).
This job is a part-time position, one to three nights per week, starting at approximately 9pm and ending at approximately 9am. Ability to stay longer or come in early a plus. Location is in Southern Marin County. Pay range is $11-13 hour, DOE.
- Begin and end shift with household duties
- Provide physical care of client
- Preparing meals
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Implement treatment, feeding, behavior, and teaching programs
- Provide a clean and orderly physical environment
- Sleep in designated area at assigned times
- Awaken and be alert if there is an emergency situation
- Additional responsibilities as requested by Supervisor
- Attend staff meetings to discuss current cases and brainstorm creative solutions to challenges
- Must be a positive, motivating role model for all ICS clients.
- Always take a person-centered approach, allowing those we serve to shape how they receive support.
- Possess good judgment, common sense and ability to problem solve.
- Associate Degree with at least two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities preferred. Experience may be substituted for education on a case by case basis.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills, be resourceful, adaptable and able to work within deadlines.
- Valid California Driver's license with proof of insurance required. Background check will be conducted.
- Willingness to be flexible in work schedule assignments.
- Basic computer literacy required, including email and Microsoft Office programs.
- Cell phone, expenses and gas mileage reimbursement
- Paid sick days