LIVING SKILLS TUTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
In this job, you will provide 1:1 teaching and instruction in daily living skills to individuals with disabilities. These individuals will typically be living with their parents and the training will take place in the family home. Training can range from teaching cooking skills, to teaching financial literacy, to training on how to use the bus system.
This job is a part-time position, 20 - 25 hours per week (benefits outlined below). You must be available Tuesday mornings (mandatory staff meeting), and weekdays from ~2-7pm. Weekend availability a plus. Location will vary between the ICS office, client homes and other sites in Marin County. Pay range is $16.00-18.00/hour, DOE.
- Train clients 1:1 around their goals, including:
- Transportation training
- Domestic skills training
- Community / communication skills training
- Financial skills training
- Personal health and hygiene skills training
- Keep detailed progress notes after each session and update the client's file on the computer
- Complete and submit all forms on time, including monthly and annual reports
- Attend case conferences with clients, families and other agencies they work with
- Attend staff meetings to discuss current cases and brainstorm creative solutions to challenges
- Work together with client and ILS Director (or other supervisor, mentor, or colleague) to set an action plan
- Must be a positive, motivating role model for all ICS clients.
- Always take a person-centered approach, allowing those we serve to shape how they receive support.
- Possess good judgment, common sense and ability to problem solve.
- Associate Degree with at least two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities preferred. Experience may be substituted for education on a case by case basis.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills, be resourceful, adaptable and able to work within deadlines.
- Valid California Driver's license with proof of insurance required. Background check will be conducted.
- Willingness to be flexible in work schedule assignments.
- Basic computer literacy required, including email and Microsoft Office programs.
- Cell phone, expenses and gas mileage reimbursement
- Paid sick days per California requirements