ILS TRAINER'S ROLE
ILS Trainers provide 1:1 daily living skills training to individuals with disabilities as they work towards their personal goals and overall independence. Training can range from teaching cooking skills to a young adult who lives with their parents, to helping a senior manage their medication and understand their Social Security benefits.
This position is part-time, 20-25 hours per week (benefits outlined below). Because our clients need support at different times, flexible scheduling can include weekends and evenings. Location will vary between the ICS office, client homes and other sites in Marin County. Pay range is $15.00-$18.00/hour, DOE.
- Assess new client's independent living skills and work together to set an action plan
- Train clients 1:1 around their goals, including:
- Transportation training
- Domestic skills training
- Community / communication skills training
- Financial skills training
- Personal health and hygiene skills training
- Keep detailed progress notes after each session and update the client's file on the computer
- Complete and submit all forms on time, including monthly and annual reports
- Attend case conferences with clients, families and other agencies they work with
- Attend staff meetings to discuss current cases and brainstorm creative solutions to challenges
- Must be a positive, motivating role model for all ICS clients.
- Always take a person centered approach, allowing those we serve to shape how they receive support.
- Possess good judgment, common sense and ability to problem solve.
- Associate Degree with at least two years’ experience working with persons with disabilities preferred. Experience may be substituted for education on a case by case basis.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills, be resourceful, adaptable and able to work within deadlines.
- Valid California Driver's license with proof of insurance required. Background check will be conducted.
- Willingness to be flexible in work schedule assignments.
- Basic computer literacy required, including email and Microsoft Office programs.
- Cell phone, expenses and gas mileage reimbursement
- Paid sick days and 3 days of bereavement leave