Administrative Specialist Position Description
The Administrative Specialist will be stationed at the front desk and be the first person to welcome clients, families and community partners as they come in. We are looking for someone who is friendly and caring with solid experience using computers, especially Microsoft Office programs. In addition to day-to-day operations, you will assist the development team by providing administrative support with the planning and execution of ICS events, as well as donor management. Finally, the Administrative Specialist will provide light supervision of one of our in-office work training programs.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position, Monday through Friday. There is some flexibility in start time between 8am-9am. $17-20/HR. Benefits outlined below.
Day to Day Agency Operations (65%):
- Greets and directs guests at front desk
- Answers phones and relays messages to appropriate staff members
- Keeps office stocked and running by tracking and ordering office supplies, preforming/ordering repairs for all office equipment
- Assists other staff by providing light technical and administrative support
- Maintains cleanliness of office including organizing supplies, tidying work stations and keeping the office neat
Development Support (20%):
- Under the Development Manager, assists with administrative tasks relating to ICS events. Some examples of tasks include data entry, mailing thank you letters, running errands, printing event materials and set up and clean-up of events.
- Assist with donor management by tracking donations in Salesforce
Work Training Program Supervision (15%):
- Slingshot Foods, a local yogurt company, partners with ICS by hiring our clients for part of their production line. The production work is done 3 days per week in the ICS office conference room.
- Supervise the production crew by checking in throughout their shift
- Manage deliveries of the product
- Must be a positive, motivating role model for all ICS clients
- Possess good judgment, common sense and ability to problem solve
- Three years minimum experience in same or related field, may be substituted for education
- Computer experience, specifically with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) required. Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Strong adherence to HIPPA and confidentiality policies
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills, be resourceful, adaptable and able to work within deadlines
- Valid California driver's license with proof of insurance required. Background check will be conducted.
- Willingness to be flexible in work schedule assignments
- Willingness to become CPR and First Aid certified, ICS will provide training
- California Choice health insurance, 100% paid for by employer
- Ameritas dental insurance, 100% paid for by employer
- Cell phone, expenses and gas mileage reimbursement
- Paid sick days, paid holidays and vacation PTO, bereavement leave
- 401k plan enrollment